One for every day of the month of January. One on the first, ten on the tenth, and thirty-one today.
Kevin, Kieran, & I have all done them.
A thirty-one day challenge tossed out by our 8 year old (really think that kid might be a personal trainer).
To help kick start our running & training for the Nashville 1/2 at the end of April, Kevin & I agreed.
It wasn't too bad for the first few days.
When I missed a day (on day 8) & had to do a total of 17 on the 9th of January, that kicked my keester.
Blech.
If you've heard of burpees or had the joy of experiencing them, you probably share my thoughts.
It's a love/hate relationship.
Kevin & I got acquainted with them during our summer with CrossFit. On the one hand you love them, since it's a quick, "easy", whole body workout that builds core strength. On the other hand you hate them, because with just a few simple "easy" movements you want to collapse and/or hurl:
Drop into a squat.
Kick you legs back into a plank position (push up position).
Do a push up.
Hop your legs back toward hands.
Jump up.
Simple enough, right?
I will admit: my pants do fit better, and I feel stronger running.
Am I happy to be done? Yes, yes, and yes
Pretty sure Kevin & Kieran echo my thoughts.
Although Kevin isn't done yet.
He's still got 31 to do today.
No comments:
Post a Comment