Every year for Superbowl Sunday I wince just a little, then exhale, and pray for our family's good health.
Four years, and it is still fresh in my mind.
That night we decided to skip going to any parties, and just go out for an early dinner, then back to the house. Kevin is a Steelers fan, and he was excited to watch them play.
We went down the street to a restaurant to grab some burgers with the kiddos.
As we were going in, Kevin started looking a bit pale.
Then he was gone....in the bathroom most of the time...while I dealt with the boys.
Who were 4 and 1& 1/2 at the time.
By the time we boxed Kevin's burger & retreated to the house, Kevin was a zombie.
The stomach flu.
Once we got home, Kieran was the next to fall.
Then during the night, it was Keenan.
By 3 AM it was all a blur of cleaning & wiping & checking on everyone....until it hit me.
Then I spent the rest of the night on our bathroom floor.
By the next morning we called for back up, and Kevin's Mom held down the fort until we could all hold down our food. Without her, I don't know how we would have made it.
So now it's been four years & it is still too fresh in my memory to get too excited about the Superbowl.
Or go back to that restaurant.
Bad memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment