Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sticky

Apologies for the lack of pictures and lack of posts lately.
We've been busy.

If our camera was in proper working order, I would have pictures to show you what we've been doing, but I can't. Either we have a bad battery, or a dead camera. I'm hoping & praying it's the former and not the latter..... so you'll have to use your imagination.

If you've ever been to our house then you've seen the wallpaper that graced our walls (circa 1987). The foyer with it's burgundy argyle pattern. The kitchen with it's burgundy, navy, and evergreen stripes. And the downstairs bath with it's shiny green peacock feathers.

Well it's about 90% gone now. Yup, for the past three weeks we have slowly peeled away the paper, the glue, and in some spots the drywall. Now we just have a tiny bit left before we can repair the walls and prep them for some paint. We've picked the colors and I'm pretty excited to see how it will look. If our camera was working I would show you our progress, but you will just have to wait and see. Use your imagination to picture yummy colors like ripe avocado, dried plantain, sunburst, and flaming torch.

On top of that work, it is back to school time. Kieran starts first grade on Wednesday. School supplies, clothes, and other odds & ends have all been assembled. Our "school kick-off" dinner menu has been selected by Kieran (sloppy joe pizza, broccoli, apple pie, and lemonata soda in case you were wondering). I even dusted off my sewing machine last weekend to sew tote bags for the boys (Kieran has to have one for his library books). It's been eight years since I've touched the machine so I'm pretty pleased with the results, although it's nothing fancy at all. Then my wonderful and talented friend Sarah monogrammed them for the boys--they look amazing! Want some custom sewing done? Check her blog out--Sarah at Sprout Cultivator. Once our camera situation is fixed I'll post some pictures.

But for now, we've got a fridge to scoot and some glue to scrape.

1 comment:

TexasK said...

I'm excited to see the colors!!!