Sunday, August 15, 2010

My kryptonite

There are two things that completely gross me out: anything to do with the eye, and teeth. Gets me every time. Blech.

My children have discovered these weaknesses and now exploit them to their advantage. Pulling down there eyes while I'm asking them to finish their veggies is a quick way to get me to leave the table and leave them alone. Especially when they work as a pair.

Now Kieran has another piece of kryptonite--he's got a loose tooth.

When I was little I never pulled a tooth out. NEVER. It grossed me out even then. A slight trauma to my mouth when I was thirteen (baseball + teeth = a root canal and a crown; and a younger sister laughing at you) only solidified my angst with all things tooth related. Some people have reoccurring dreams about missing class/work, or showing up places in your underwear--my dream revolves around my teeth.

So now my little monkey has his first loose tooth. Like me, he's waiting on it to fall out on it's own. I don't think he'll make it though. At least he doesn't want me to pull it (because I won't). It's just become so loose lately that I can see it move & wiggle when he's talking. Ew, ew.

At least we're both praying together that it falls out quickly.

No comments: