Saw a beautiful sunset tonight. Now after I write this I'm taking my stinky self to the shower, have a glass of wine, and then a piece of homemade apple pie. In that order.
And get some sleep because tomorrow school begins.
Monday Kieran and I spent the morning together. We dropped off Keenan at art camp and went to our favorite bakery. We had planned to heading to the Children's Museum but I let our membership expire last year and forgot that Monday's are "member's only monday's". Duh.
Some divinely inspired quick thinking put the damper on any possible mutiny: how about a bike ride along the greenway? (nice save, right?) We don't have a bike rack yet, so I just walked while Kieran rode....and rode.....and rode. Four miles in fact! The weather was great and we were just enjoying being outside.
After we finished we headed to brunch, then off to pick up Keenan. It was a lovely morning. I'm blessed to be his mom.
Today he spent the morning with one of his school buddies. Then tonight I took his requests for our annual "back to school feast." This year on the menu was sloppy joe pizza, steamed broccoli, and an apple pie with crumb topping (all homemade of course).
And now the kids are tucked into bed, I am home from a run, and my pie and hubbie are waiting.
Tomorrow it begins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment