June has been an emotional, busy rollercoaster.
The day after school ended Keenan & I drove to Raleigh for him to attend a defensive driving class.
He found great humor in seeing me get tagged by Life360 for having a "Risky Drive".
To be fair, this was when the parents were having their turn at using ABS & my phone was with me during my turn.....
Then we cleaned & organized house, packed some clothes, & left instructions for the dog sitter.
And headed to Orlando for a couple days.
Kevin had a firm wide conference, so we went a few days early, spent some sweaty time at Universal (our park of choice over the mouse-ears), then the boys and I flew home.Leaving Kevin at his conference.
Our 6AM flight, plus the lingering exhaustion from May resulted in an early night the first evening.
The following morning we had early park access so we got there & hustled over for Hagrid's motorcycle coaster.
Our 6AM flight, plus the lingering exhaustion from May resulted in an early night the first evening.
The following morning we had early park access so we got there & hustled over for Hagrid's motorcycle coaster.
Still had to wait a wee bit, but we entertained ourselves.
And the ride was soooooo worth it.
Was great to just spend some time together riding rides & enjoying each other.
Was great to just spend some time together riding rides & enjoying each other.
The boys even indulged me (a couple times) in riding the Dr. Seuss train.
And we finally got to go on the other track & into the Circus McWerkus.
And we finally got to go on the other track & into the Circus McWerkus.
Amazing.
We enjoyed freezing cold Butterbeer from Hogsmeade inside the Jurassic Park restaurant/store.
We enjoyed freezing cold Butterbeer from Hogsmeade inside the Jurassic Park restaurant/store.
Gringott's is an amazing ride.
Great trip.
Can't believe Keenan has come around from this & swearing off all coasters, to now riding just about everything.
When the boys & I got home, we gave the pups lots of snuggles, and extra TLC for Flopsy.
Great trip.
Can't believe Keenan has come around from this & swearing off all coasters, to now riding just about everything.
When the boys & I got home, we gave the pups lots of snuggles, and extra TLC for Flopsy.
Kieran began shadowing a large animal vet on Tuesday's & Thursday's through the rest of the month.
He was thrilled to get some more experience, but by the time he finished working & shadowing at the end of the week......he was exhausted.
In honor of Father's Day, Keenan made Biscoff blondies.
And after enjoying lunch & some time together celebrating Kevin, Keenan and I hit the road.
And after enjoying lunch & some time together celebrating Kevin, Keenan and I hit the road.
He had a camp beginning the following morning.
A week at Western Carolina University learning all about Forensic Anthropology.
Our dinner conversations were all kinds of interesting that week.
I spent a lot of time walking, reading, and talking to Kieran....about our sweet Flopsy.
I spent a lot of time walking, reading, and talking to Kieran....about our sweet Flopsy.
It was really hard not being home when Kevin and Kieran had to say goodbye to our Girl.
Then while I was killing time Friday afternoon waiting on Keenan to finish, I spotted this:
Coming home was hard.
Then while I was killing time Friday afternoon waiting on Keenan to finish, I spotted this:
Coming home was hard.




















No comments:
Post a Comment