Wednesday, May 1, 2024

April

 We began the month of April with college tour #3 for Keenan.

Along the way we stopped & picked up one of his best buds who recently moved.  They got to enjoy some time together during the drive and tour.  Was a win-win.

Pollen season began in all its grainy greenness.


I spent a few mornings doing some spring planting in the garden.
One morning while I was pulling weeds, I noticed a visitor who seemed a bit territorial about her spot..... I say it's a she since she reminded me of Shelob in Lord of the Rings.
I left her alone to eat plenty of bugs.

Monday the 8th was the big solar eclipse.  Keenan got out of school early & track practice was delayed until the evening.  He came home & joined the pups & I outside as we watched it dim.
Can you spot the hounds?
This was the funniest meme I found:
Keenan checked out the sun & moon's progress with eclipse glasses while I used our handy kitchen colander.  Was pretty cool to watch & hear the birds get active, & the temperature drop.

Kieran was right in the path of totality & the school had lots of activities planned outside.
But poor Kieran didn't get to participate-he was in his Organic Chemistry lab.
He did take a quick break & hustled outside to snap these shots & said it was pretty cool.


Then it was back inside.  Organic Chemistry waits for no one.
Even with this going on across the lake:

Track has been in high gear.
On the 13th Keenan's team attended a huge meet in Durham.
So many teams...... and so poorly organized.
Our athletes thankfully performed so well.  
Keenan got an unofficial PR in Long,
and a PR in Triple.

Then the moment he finished we hustled home, showered, ate, picked up Kevin & headed downtown.
We had tickets to the Symphony & their Star Wars performance.
It was fantastic.
April 15th finally arrived and we all exhaled.
Then enjoyed a strawberry cheesecake that Keenan & I made together.
No time to rest though, the following evening was another concert.

It was also fantastic.

The pups have not been terribly pleased with our busy evenings or weekends.
We've tried to make it up to them with some extra treats. ;)

We've had a flurry of meets,

lots of jumps, and more PR's for Keenan.


I checked on progress on one of our favorite parts of the greenway that's been closed since October....nothing new.  Doesn't look like it will be open anytime soon.

These beauties have bloomed.  They're iris that originally came from my Uncle Dick & Aunt Wanda in Ohio (my Dad's oldest sister), to my Dad, then he gave some to Brenda, who gave some back to us.
They're lovely.
The 29th marked 24 years for Kevin & I-cheers to us.  
Thankful & blessed.
These two are watching & waiting for Kieran who comes home from school on Friday.

No comments: