Thursday, April 4, 2024

March

 March began with lots of blooms and some lovely weather.

This girl enjoyed soaking up the warm sun & was thrilled when her favorite human came home for a few days over his spring break.
Kieran rolled in on a Friday evening, then rolled back out the following morning to hit the beach for a few days with one of his best buds.  Then he spent the remainder of his break hanging out with us, and some of his other friends.
Kevin and I still remain undefeated in this game:



I enjoyed some nicer weather & hit some of our favorite trails.
Sadly a popular stretch of greenway remains closed.  Good to see all the progress they have made here since it was closed last October (insert sarcasm here).

For St. Patrick's day I made a Guinness chocolate cake with Guinness frosting.
It was one of the best cakes-very moist & the Guinness added a lot of depth to the chocolate.
Delicious.

Our pear trees bloomed,
and for Pi Day (3/14) I made a beef and cheddar pie.
The beef and veggies are also braised in Guinness which gives them a richer, nutty flavor.
Sadly, the stinky Bradford pears bloomed as well.
The rotten fish smell along this street was horrible for a couple of weeks.
Keenan played in the school talent show.
It was awesome & so proud of him.
He played a variation of I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi:






One of his good friends also played (he did Enter Sandman by Metallica on the electric guitar-slightly different genre ;) ).
Track season has begun.
Keenan is super focused on Long & Triple jumps this year.
So far, they've only had one complete meet.
The weather has not cooperated.  Two meets completely rained out, and one cancelled after only a couple of events.
And brackets were filled out......then busted.
Flopsy doesn't mind us yelling at the tv thankfully.
Once again Easter fell before Tax Season ends so Keenan and I hit the highway for a quick visit to Ohio.
Rebecca and Ted flew in as well, and Kieran met us after he finished class for the day.
The five of us enjoyed dinner and catching up on Thursday night, then Friday we hit our favorite German restaurant for lunch.
One of my Mom's brothers and his daughter (my cousin) came to meet us for lunch with her family.
Was nice to catch up with all of them.

Then we enjoyed dinner and catching up with everyone on my Dad's side of the family for their annual Good Friday dinner.
Saturday morning Keenan and I hit the highway while Kieran, Ted, & Rebecca went to lunch before Kieran dropped them off at the airport and headed back to Cedarville.
Keenan and I enjoyed lunch at one of our Ohio fav's-Bob Evans.
Easter was a busy morning at church, then we came home to celebrate this sweet girl.
Flopsy turned 15 on 3/31.
Happy Birthday crazy girl.







No comments: