February rolled in with some wonderful weather.
I was reminded again how fortunate we are to live in an area with so many great trails.
A friend of mine shared this photo & it was the stuff of nightmares.
You're welcome.
Keenan and I kept plugging along & making progress on Hogwarts.
This was a blast from the past-
Hobbes enjoyed getting some snuggles while we stared at puzzle pieces.
We had some stunning sunrises & thanks to Keenan's zero-period class 2 days a week, we're up to see them.
The Big Guy loved the Spring preview days he had.
And finally-it was finished!
The Sunday before Valentine's Day Keenan ran in a Marathon Relay at a nearby park.
Keenan and I kept plugging along & making progress on Hogwarts.
This was a blast from the past-
Hobbes enjoyed getting some snuggles while we stared at puzzle pieces.
We had some stunning sunrises & thanks to Keenan's zero-period class 2 days a week, we're up to see them.
The Big Guy loved the Spring preview days he had.
And finally-it was finished!
The Sunday before Valentine's Day Keenan ran in a Marathon Relay at a nearby park.
It's the same relay Kieran ran in several years & Keenan was excited to organize a team of his XC buddies. This year his Coaches organized a Faculty team from school which added some extra competition.
Kevin and I arrived about an hour into it with doughnuts for Keenan's team, and the Faculty team as well.
Even with the super soggy weather, they all had fun.
Kevin and I arrived about an hour into it with doughnuts for Keenan's team, and the Faculty team as well.
Thankfully the rain tapered off and we stayed to cheer them on.
They wound up finishing 2nd overall in the team category and were thrilled with the results.....but also planning on how to win next year.
The flurries that started as we arrived, changed to heavy snow while we were at dinner with Kieran. We took him back to his dorm, then headed back to our hotel. What usually takes about 15 minutes took us almost an hour. The roads were a slippery mess.
We had plans the following morning to pick up Kieran and have lunch with one of my cousins & Aunts. While I texted them to check on road conditions, Keenan got a work out in.
Roads were still messy, and temps stayed in the 20's all day, but we headed to my cousins anyway and had a great time visiting with them.
They wound up finishing 2nd overall in the team category and were thrilled with the results.....but also planning on how to win next year.
I noticed this little conversation piece while browsing an antique store......
Quite a piece isn't it?
Keenan had a couple of days off, so we made the drive up to visit Kieran and found the snow.
The flurries that started as we arrived, changed to heavy snow while we were at dinner with Kieran. We took him back to his dorm, then headed back to our hotel. What usually takes about 15 minutes took us almost an hour. The roads were a slippery mess.
We had plans the following morning to pick up Kieran and have lunch with one of my cousins & Aunts. While I texted them to check on road conditions, Keenan got a work out in.
Roads were still messy, and temps stayed in the 20's all day, but we headed to my cousins anyway and had a great time visiting with them.
Then the next morning we went to church with Kieran, then Keenan and I headed back south.
Not sure what was going on with my Dad & the too large jacket.
Keenan and I rolled back from Ohio, then headed back out the following morning.
My cousin gave me these little gems. I had never seen any of them before & so thankful she shared them.
Not sure what was going on with my Dad & the too large jacket.
Keenan and I rolled back from Ohio, then headed back out the following morning.




























No comments:
Post a Comment