Have you seen the movie "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good very bad day" movie?
If not, go see it.
Last week I had a week like that.
Kevin & Kieran left on Sunday for Richmond, Virginia.
They were serving at the YWAM base with our church's youth for the week.
Keenan had a camp lined up for the mornings, and we were ready to hang out and binge watch The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.
For the first few days, we did just that.
It was pretty rainy, & couldn't do much outside anyway.
Then Wednesday morning, we backed my car out of the garage, and as I went to shift into first gear....the clutch fell apart & it was all I could do to nurse my car back up the driveway.
Thankfully Kevin's car was at the house.
While Keenan was at camp, I made some calls, and waited for a tow truck to come for my car.
Then that night, we got more rain, on top of several other days of rain.
And we lost power. (Boy is it dark!!)
Thankfully it came back on during the wee hours of the morning....but our internet did not.
And the rains continued.
By Thursday night another down pour of rain turned our front yard into a fast moving creek...
and I found a leak in our dining room ceiling.
Some tears were shed, phone calls made, and even the dogs refused to go out.
Our patio was under water.
By Friday I was counting the hours until Kevin & Kieran arrived home.
And I called my sister (again) to give me moral support when I went to the basement, only to find soggy carpet where water came in from a clogged downspout.
What a week.
Very thankful for friends to vent & cry to, for having help, and having Kevin and Kieran home.
They had an amazing week.
No comments:
Post a Comment