I had been having some pain in my calf and achilles tendons the past few times I ran. With two weeks from Race Day I knew I had to take some time off to rest and hopefully heal. After checking with Kevin & some other people I figured it would be best to take the week off from running and hope that my picky ankles would be in a better mood by Race Day.
Easy right?
Nope. I do not enjoy time off. At all. Being active helps relieve stress and gives me focus.
So what did I do?
Finished painting our foyer, kitchen, and bath of course.
I mean, it's not like I was running. Just climbing step ladders.
And I did get a run in today that was (relatively) pain free! Yipee!!! (I mean it was 7 miles...)
So here are a few pictures.
Due to the oddities of Blogger the Afters are before the Befores.
Our new & improved half bath. The color looks incredibly washed out in this picture (dang flash & lack of natural light...). Previously the bath had some crazy emerald green peacock feathered wallpaper in there (no I do not have a picture of it). Now three walls are Flaming Torch (burnt orange), and one is Dried Plantain (light caramel-y color). Guess who helped pick the color in there.....
Here he is now...enjoying some time with a word search puzzle. Most of the kitchen is also painted in the Dried Plantain color. It's a huge improvement over the navy/green/cranberry stripe wallpaper.
This is looking from the kitchen toward the foyer. It's an odd angle, but our new camera lens wasn't cooperating much. The foyer is Dried Avocado (fern green), and the wall with my pantry is Sunburst (think orange sherbert). Kieran is pretty proud of the framed dino on that wall. He should be.
Another view of the Sunburst wall.
Another view from the kitchen into the foyer. I have a lot more to frame and get on the walls, but this is a good start. Previously the foyer was covered in a cranberry argyle wallpaper. I love this color. The pictures make it look more washed out. Guess you can either come by and see or just take my word for it.


No comments:
Post a Comment