Tuesday, November 16, 2010

OBX Run 2010

We had a beautiful day on Sunday for the Races! Many thanks to our small group for driving out here to support us and watch the kids!

Kevin did amazing! I am so proud of him. He shaved twenty minutes off his time and finished in 4:13. Of course this means next year he's going to really aim to finish in 4 or under....

After taking over a week off to let my calf and ankles heal, I was pretty nervous how my run would go. I had a steady pace the first seven miles, then slowed a little for mile eight. My ankles were feeling pretty good so thankfully when I hit the bridge at mile nine I was able to pick up the pace and keep it up through the finish. I was pretty bummed to finish with the same time as last year (what are the odds of that?!), but that just gives me something to work harder on for next year. Plus I did beat one of the elite Kenyan runners (sure he was at a medic tent at mile eight with a wicked leg cramp, but hey). That's got to count for something, right?

Yup, it looks like we'll both be running again next year.

Yesterday we both had the runner's "walk" and it was easy to spot other runner's out and about. The boys and the dogs didn't try to exploit us too much.....

No comments: