First day of kindergarten. Today.
Kieran has been looking forward to this all summer. He is more than ready to head to a "big kids" school and make new friends and have new adventures.
Here he is this morning with Keenan (who was still a bit sleepy--had to get up early).
Ready to hop in the car & go!
Check out the snazzy orange backpack....
At school. Waiting for morning assembly to start.
Sitting with the rest of his class (and Kevin for the moment) before assembly.
Now he's home and we made it through the first day. Got there on time (my main concern) and I managed the carpool pickup line with no problem. Kieran said his day was great & then wanted to know if he could take his belt off & untuck his shirt (uniform requirements). Tonight we're having a "fiesta" dinner and special orange cupcakes to celebrate.No, I haven't been boo-hooing today (been too busy for that), but I have been very antsy & nervous the past few days. Then yesterday I read something on a good friends blog that struck a chord. Her son started kindergarten yesterday. She copied it from another blog & now I'm going to copy hers....
Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands.... When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do. (based on Genesis 22:9-12; Ephesians 3:20; Exodus 3:12 from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)
That is what I want for Kieran.
Now I'm going to stop before I get boo-hooey.
2 comments:
thank you for the encouragement from jesus calling...now i'm copying it to my blog as i start working slowly again with grady 6 months old...ah!! love ya & the boys are precious!!
I had to come see how the first day went...so glad it was a good one. I LOVE what you copied and put on the bottom. It's so easy to cling and think it's all up to you. I do it too. Enjoy watching him fly, Rachael!
Post a Comment