Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Spring" in the South

photos courtesy our wonderful neighbor, Greg!
I used to be a big fan of snow.
That was before I had two boys and a "ghost" of a husband this time of year.
Where we live--an inch of snow can shut things down for the day.
Monday morning we woke up to about four.
Don't get me wrong--it was beautiful. The most we've had in about five years.
But snow here=no preschool=one already very tired Mommy.


Kieran got out & played in it about four times. Keenan only once. I started shoveling off some of our driveway (making it easier for our dogs who don't enjoy getting their feet wet) and Keenan just stood where I had cleaned off the snow.
Hmmm, maybe the trick to keeping him from running off is to have "snow" around.....
Once he did get into the white stuff & just stood there & cried (my apologies to our neighbors!).
Oh well.
It made my life a little easier & warmer yesterday.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog, Rachael! Keenan at least looks like he's got it figured out!