Sunday, December 16, 2012

Forty

We have had a festive, festive weekend here at the Rayfield house.
Friday was a "fancy pants" gala to attend in Raleigh for one of Kevin's clients.
 Kieran took the picture--not too bad.
(I am bummed my shoes got cut off though, they were cute: red peep toe heels.  Murdered my feet later & then I remembered why I don't wear heels anymore.  And I painted my other toes to match my black toenail.  But I digress...)
So while we were at the fancy pants party, the boys spent the night with Kevin's folks in Raleigh ( thanks again Trudy & Johnny), and we met them the next morning in Chapel Hill because we had tickets for this:
 That's right--to see the Heels play!
They didn't play their best, but it was enough for a win and for the boys.
Kevin's still grumbling.
Keenan was thrilled to get on the jumbo-tron at the start of the game & spent the rest of the game trying to get back on the big screen again.
 After the game we spent some time walking around campus.
And then headed back home & to bed early.
Today we're all still tired & the dreary weather hasn't helped.
For dinner tonight Kevin scheduled to meet some good friends of ours at one of our favorite restaurants.
To the friends who got a sitter & came out on a busy night to meet us I say thank you again.
I am blessed by your friendship & a better person for knowing each of you.
I can say that since they were there as an early birthday for me....
I turn forty tomorrow.

No comments: