Friday, March 9, 2012

Afternoon in the Amazon

Normally speaking in front of a group of people doesn't bother me too much (as long as I'm talking about something other than myself).
But this afternoon I was pretty nervous.
"What if they get bored?"
"What if they start to whisper & talk?"
"Thirty whole minutes...."
My audience was a class full of second graders....

Each week a parent comes on Friday afternoon to read/talk to the class or do some type of craft.
(Naturally the craft option was out for me)
Kieran really wanted me to share about my time in the Amazon.

So I gathered some books, and visual aids, yanked some photos together and hoped for the best.
I mean....caiman hunting, pirana fishing, jungle hikes, pink river dolphins, banana stealing monkeys....what's not to like??

And judging from their reactions (and Kieran's), I think they did.

Was fun to remember the adventures of that trip and what a huge blessing it was to be able to go. Someday I would love to go back with Kevin and the boys.
And if I do...you monkey's better lay off my bananas, ponytail, backpack, zippers, earrings, and sunglasses.
I'm just sayin'.
You've been warned.

No comments: