A few years ago Kevin was talking about some outdoor Christmas decor. I told him if he could ever find a Christmas Hippo then he could get it & stick it in the yard. I went along quite secure that our yard would remain lovely in it's minimalist simplicity....until last year. The day after Christmas Keenan and I went to Target & cruised along the Christmas aisles to hunt for any bargains. What did my wandering eyes see?? A Christmas Hippo. With lights. AND glitter. I quickly took evasive manuvers but it was too late. Keenan had seen it. I was just hoping & praying he would forget.
No such luck. At dinner that night he promptly ratted me out and proudly described what he "found" at Target. Kevin then hustled down the road and brought the hippo home. So now here he sits, glitter (ugh) and all. In our front yard.
1 comment:
I think he should have bought a whole family of hippos.
Merry Christmas,
Grandma Trudy
Post a Comment