Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our "squatter"

A glimpse into our week....

It's been busy. Vacation Bible School at church every morning for Kieran, summer preschool program for Keenan, and a lot of driving for me (I'll be so thankful when they can both do things under the same roof!). Kieran has loved VBS and our church really goes all out for it, but the other afternoon he told me that he "needs more sleep in his life". I feel ya buddy. Today he got pooped on by a bird, but at least he took it in stride. Guess he got more sleep last night.

Capt. Underpants has had a blast listening to the VBS music. Last week we met some friends of ours for a concert in the park and while Kieran wrestled & played with his friends, Keenan just danced & stayed focused on the music. Musically inclined? Not sure he, but he seems to be a lefty....

In the past week I've cooked dinner at home twice. (Highly unusual for us.) Birthday parties and cakes have taken us out & about three nights alone. No wonder Kieran needs more sleep.

These pic's are from a little marshmallow roast we did recently. Still not sure who loved it more--the boys or Kevin......I think the boys just enjoyed playing with the skewers. Kevin enjoyed the marshmallows.


see....no marshmallow on the skewer...he's just jabbing the ashes....

Which brings me now to our "squatter." He was going to be relocated yesterday, but then it rained & stormed most of the day. Kevin noticed him the other night when he moved the garbage cans after we came home from one of the parties. I heard him yell for a flashlight in the garage and saw him dash past me with a broom. As he escorted our "guest" out of the garage I shined the light.....
Another black snake.
Who calmly moved along out of the garage and down into a hole. A hole directly next to the garage and driveway. A hole entirely too close to the house.
So yes, Kevin will be wrangling another snake later on. Or at least blocking the hole. He's currently taking assistant positions so feel free to call or come by.


No comments: