Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good (not so) clean fun

Today Kevin ran in the USMC 5k Mud Run.
It was modeled after a basic training obstacle course.
In our experience....any time any branch of the military sponsors a run it is well organized, well laid out, and a lot of fun.
Today was no exception.
They started out with a series of stretches, push ups, and jumping jacks under a drill sgt.'s command. People were already sweating and the race had not even started yet.
It was also about 85 when the race began too....
Can you spot Kevin below? (hint--he's got a bald head and a blue shirt on)
Our attempt at a shot with Dad.
Nice vista huh? The race was up in Pinnacle.
Here's the final approach to the finish line:
a giant mudpit Complete with ropes to crawl under.
They were having a kidsdash through the pit after the main race, but Kieran took one look at that and said "No way man!"
Can't say that I blame him....the slop would have come up to his chest....

Kevin on the approach & into the slop....
...and knee deep in the slop....
...and post slop.
I personally like the smut line across his shoulders.
Keenan called him "slop face."
Did I mention it was hot???







1 comment:

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Slop Face. I am going to use that term more often.

This was an interesting adventure to read about. Cheers to your hot Slop Face for doing it bravely!