Sunday, April 4, 2010

My constants

Every year on Good Friday my Dad's side of the family gets together for a huge meal.
Lots of food, and lots of people.
All of my aunts, uncles, cousins, their spouses and children.
Did I mention it's a lot?
It's also in Ohio.
During tax season.
At the most, we get to Ohio twice a year. Some years it's only once. Now that I've had children I realize how special that time with family is. It's fun for me to watch Kieran and Keenan playing with my cousins kids (does that make them second cousins?). I'm pretty sure my Dad enjoys it too. (He rides up with us & is my extra set of hands).
It's a tight family.
How many families do you know that all get together like that regularly?
My Aunts and cousins and their kids get together about once a month too (Breakfast Club--how cool is that?). I'm just happy to be a part of it. Even if it's from afar.
Our other Ohio tradition involves more food.
Schmidt's.
It's a German restaurant in German Village (downtown Columbus) and it is yum-o.
Not really sure who looks forward to it more: my Dad, the boys (who can throw down on some sausages), me, or Kevin (we bring some home for him).
Tradition.

No comments: