Don't we all have a dream?
Maybe it's to do something crazy or fun. Maybe it's something you hope will happen some day.
Here's one of mine:
I've always wanted to sing backup for a cool performer up on the stage.
Could be any number of people or groups or varieties of music.
Just to be on stage adding to the show.
Blending your voice to compliment another.
I realized the other day my dream has come true.
I get to sing backup for Kieran when he's being TobyMac.
Our stage is a smaller venue (our den), and our audience is usually maxed out at 1-4.
He takes his performance very seriously and is a stickler for detail.
I am flattered he thought enough of me to want me to sing backup (the woman who sings for Toby has some pipes!).
Maybe he knew my dream.
Maybe it's because I'm the only girl (besides S'Baka) in the house.
It's ok with me.
I'm a backup singer.
3 comments:
Hey Rach!! You could always sing with the choir at church,,, And beleive it or not I am actually being serious....
I did it as one of my 'wifely obligations' at one of our churches,,, and I actually really ended up enjoying it, for exactly the reasons you have said...
Worth a thought... Thanks for touching base,,, sorry I have been so slack(big surprise I know)... Thanks for thinking of me,,, it always comes when I need it!!
Rachel don't tell anyone, but i thought that was touching.
Will
Oh -- I love this post, too!
Post a Comment