Saturday, December 3, 2022

November

 November began with a trip out of town for me.  I headed south and met Rebecca for a few days at Tybee Island, Georgia.

I picked her up from the Savannah airport, and we enjoyed a late lunch at this lovely marsh side restaurant.

Our bungalow for the next couple of days overlooked a marsh, and the weather was wonderful.

We spent the next morning on a kayak tour of Little Tybee Island and saw shark, dolphins, bald eagles, pelicans, cormorants, crabs, and sting rays.  It was a delightful paddle & way to spend the morning.
Then we walked to a beachside restaurant for lunch, and enjoyed a walk along the beach.

The shadow of trees is Little Tybee.  We paddled across the channel & back.

Did I mention the weather was just lovely?  Our bungalow was in walking distance to some great restaurants.


For our final full day, we drove into Savannah for a few hours.  I was younger than Keenan the last time I was in Savannah, and Rebecca had never been.  Once again, the weather was perfect.  We walked around a bit of the Historic district, grabbed a light lunch, and did a little shopping before going back to quiet Tybee.





The following morning we enjoyed our screened porch, packed up, & I dropped Rebecca back at the airport before heading up the highway home.  Thanks for the trip & let's do it again Bec!

I think Flopsy noticed my return?
Keenan's Art History class rotates bringing in snacks to enjoy during their class discussions.
His two contributions this month were pretzel stacks, and carmel corn.
And they were delicious.

We changed the clocks, and once again-the dogs did not appreciate it.
At all.
While I was out of town, Keenan and his cross country team celebrated their end of season party.
Here's to a great season next year.


And on the same afternoon Flopsy was dozing on the front porch, Kieran sent this photo from his dorm:


Hehehe.  He was not thrilled & had quite a few descriptive words for the wind that went along with the picture.  Welcome to the beginning of an Ohio winter kiddo.

The week before Thanksgiving was Homecoming week at school which meant themes for each day.
It was a lot of fun & I enjoyed volunteering as much as I could during the week.
Character day (Billy Madison of course)


Tuesday was Biker v. Surfer
Not really sure what was going on with his outfit, but he was thrilled with it.
Wednesday was Don't Sweat It Day,
and Thursday was Season's Greetings.
He went with Football Season. 

I enjoyed exploring a new lakeside trail one afternoon and it was lovely.
Crisp cool day, bright blue sky.

Friday was Blue & Gold day, a pep rally, basketball game, and a friends birthday.
Whew.


Saturday was college football and the Homecoming Dance.



And Sunday we picked up one of Keenan's buds, and headed to UNC to watch the Heels play.

Monday Kieran arrived home, then Tuesday Keenan & his buddies volunteered for the afternoon.
Wednesday Keenan had a cold, and he and I stayed at the house on Thanksgiving Day while Kevin & Kieran drove to Raleigh for the afternoon.
Friday and Saturday we had friends come over, watched Bruins hockey, and the Buckeye loss, decorated for Christmas, and by Sunday I had the cold as well.
Kieran left to head back to Cedarville on Monday, and by then Kevin was coughing too.

Hello December.


No comments: