Tuesday, October 25, 2016

My Dad

September was a busy month.
Toward the end of September Kevin went to Disney for a conference, and in the middle of the week the boys & I flew down to meet him.
We spent three days at various Disney parks, then flew home early Sunday morning on the 25th.
I called & left my Dad a message once we returned home, then later in the evening he called.
We chatted for a few, then I could tell something was wrong.
He didn't know what day it was, or what he had done all day.
I drove to his house & decided to drive him to the hospital.
He was running a fever & they took blood samples to check for infection & was admitted.
I went home to grab some sleep but by the time I returned the next morning he was hallucinating & his condition worsened through the day.  Thankfully Rebecca flew in.
The next day his breathing was asymmetrical & he was moved to ICU, sedated, & intubated.
Tests, & more tests, medicines, & more medicines followed.
Still the fever raged & then we received results.
Viral meningitis.
Tests, and more tests, & waiting followed.
And the fever raged.
And Rebecca & I made the decision after consulting with several doctors to honor Dad's wishes & have the ventilator removed.
Ray passed away as the sun rose on October 6th.
Our hearts are broken & we are still reeling from the loss.
And today we celebrated his birthday.
Happy Birthday Mr. Wonderful.
Love you & miss you.

No comments: