Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Windy City

Summer "break" around here seems to be more tiring than the rest of the school year.  Our schedule is different every week, and for the past two weeks I have been going round & round with some repairs at the house.  Tomorrow will be the 4th visit from the HVAC technician in a week.... lets hope it is the last for a while.  Found out today we need a new water heater, but that probably won't get done until next week.  And I'm still running in circles handling some of my Mom's stuff.  At least Kevin is in town this week to help me keep my sense of humor..... (challenge some days).
Last week Kevin was here:
 Don't recognize it?
Chicago.
The boys & I flew up Thursday night for a long weekend in the city with him (after meeting a plumber & the HVAC guy at our house).  Our view of the river Friday morning was a tad disappointing, but as the sun came out the fog began to slowly burn off.
After Kevin got finished with his stuff, we all headed to Millennium Park, then to the Art Institute before a lunch of Chicago deep-dish pizza.
 Then after lunch, we headed to the Magnificent Mile of Michigan Ave..
This was the boys destination:
 The Lego store.
(this took a while)
Then a fantastic dinner at The Slurping Turtle.  (Kevin & I even got to say hello to the head chef which was pretty exciting for us.)
 Keenan said it was one of his favorite meals.
 And then to Navy Pier for a ferris wheel ride.
 Pretty sure Keenan was just as excited as I was when we were back on the ground.

 And once the fog did burn off, we had an amazing view of the river & Navy Pier.

 And a beautiful sunset behind the Wrigley building.

No comments: