Tuesday, December 28, 2010

O Tannenbaum.....

Yesterday afternoon I sat down at the computer to pull up a game for Kieran to play. It was pretty quiet in the house. Keenan upstairs resting, all three dogs were snoozing as well.

As I waited for the game to load I looked at the Christmas tree in front of the window....and I saw a bunch of tiny gnat/flies/mosquito bugs all along the window sill....then I noticed they were all over the tree skirt....and (when I bent down to look even closer) they were ALL over the main branch of the tree. Did I say all over?? Seriously. It looked like the tree was moving. But I guess it kinda was....

So Kieran and I started getting ornaments off the tree as quick as we could. We tossed them into some empty boxes. Then even Kieran got grossed out & left me to finish the job. He carted the ornaments upstairs to pack away later. I grabbed some of Kevin's work gloves & heaved the tree with the star and lights onto the front porch. Slopped some water along the floor and then felt like I needed a shower to get the bugs off me.

So next year if we have an artificial tree maybe you'll understand why.

No comments: