Six weeks.
Crunch time.
Kevin and I are in the midst of our training for the Marathon & Half Marathon.
We have three more weeks of hard training, followed by three weeks of scaled down training all leading up to the Big Race on Nov. 8th.
It's during this time that I start to really wonder WHY we are doing all of this.
Running seems to take over right now.
We don't run together--our paces are totally different and we have different training plans.
So we run apart.
We squeeze in runs in the dark in the early morning hours.
We run at night after the boys go to bed.
We take turns on the weekend to get our long runs in before the day gets busy with the boys.
It seems like one of us is always running.
My favorite pair of running pants have taken on a life of their own: repeated soakings and washings and they still stink.
Kevin comes home from his long runs and Keenan runs to grab him a towel.
I return home and the boys tell me I stink.
Yesterday Kevin headed out for a 20 mile run.
He returned home after limping through six.
He pulled his hamstring at mile 3 and is now icing and stretching (and grumbling).
So yes, it's a busy house right now, but our pace will slow down soon.
Kevin's leg will heal (quickly we hope).
I'll buy some new running clothes.
We will encourage each other through the next few weeks.
We'll get through the training and hopefully have some good runs between now and the Race.
And we will run.
Then we will have a vacation!
(and probably say we will do this again next year!)
1 comment:
Just caught up again, Rachael -- You know, it's kind of cool not checking blogs for a while...Then you get a whole bunch to read at once! I loved all of them...And I love the "prayer" about trusting your loved ones to God. That should work for grown-up kids, too, right?
Hope you find time to keep writing amidst all that trainint!
Post a Comment