Monday, April 13, 2009

Let it end

The past week has been one crazy, tiring, rollercoaster. Not one I want to get back on anytime soon either.
Thursday I packed up the boys and drove to Ohio with my Father. It was a quick trip-home on Saturday. No rest for me. My Aunt's house is not exactly toddler friendly and they have a psycho cat (take a look at my Dad's arm--jeez!). Was good to see lots of family. Has been a year since I've been up there.
While we were gone, I figured Kevin would spend most of his time at the office. He did, but he also spent a lot of time driving back & forth to the house and to the vet's office. Friday morning, S'Baka could barely get up. She has a compressed disc in her back, but this was the worst it has been. Coming home on Saturday it broke my heart to see her still struggle to stand & walk.
Easter Sunday Kevin & I struggled to keep from crying most of the morning. We were very worried that it might be time to tell our sweet Pumpkin bye.....
Our vet happens to be a friend of ours and offered to meet Kevin with S'Baka over at the clinic to check her again & see if we want to try steroid shots. Bless his heart. Easter Sunday & he's taking time from his family to help us.
After talking with him again, we decided to hold off on the shot for now & just keep her confined to her crate & see how she does over the next week or so.
Needless to say, our emotions have been on overload.
Did I mention we're not finished with tax season yet?
We also leave for a short vacation on Thursday. One that I need to pack & get ready for with 2 kiddo's "helping" (no preschool--spring break). The dogs will be boarded so our vet can keep tabs on S'Baka......
Did I mention too we had a new roof installed last week while I was away? Thank goodness for cell phones, but boy that was tiring.
Let it end. Bring me some quiet, boring, normalcy.

1 comment:

Chop said...

You better get some rest girl! Get ya some Calgon and dive in it. Oh yea, how ABOUT those Heels? Tell Ray that's what he gets for teasing the cat.....hehe