Monday, September 22, 2008

Rose-colored vs. Reality

It's going to be a busy week. Kevin will be tied up with work all week, so it's me & the boys. I had great visions of having a nice meal tonite with all of us, plenty of time for the boys to play with Daddy & lots of laughter. Had what I would make for dinner all worked out. Felt full of energy (it is the first day of fall you know!) & excited about the week ahead.
And then reality set in.
Poor Kevin came home to a noisy house--not from laughter the way I had envisioned either!
Keenan didn't take a nap this afternoon & Kieran probably needed one. They were both cranky & crabby (which eventually rubbed off on me). Keenan eventually got stuck in the "saucer" much to his displeasure. He was quite vocal about it. Listening to his "melodious" sounds wasn't quite what I had in mind while cooking dinner. Needless to say I became a tad distracted and the meal did not turn out quite as I had hoped. Kieran got upset and joined the mealtime serenade when his tv show ended early. Then S'Baka promptly threw up her entire dinner right at my feet. Lovely.
Enter Kevin.
If I were him, I might have turned around at that point & walked back out. Bless him, he came in to our mess! Everyone perked up momentarily, then the wails & squeals began again. This pattern of whining & wailing continued on past dinner & into bath time. Even carried over into bed time for poor Kieran (no book before bed tonite sweetie).
So sorry Kevin! I wanted you to have a nice evening with your boys; a nice dinner together. Hopefully the week will pass quickly & we can all have that nice evening together soon!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I have lots of days like that. We've gone from crying and tantrums to whining and asking for a million things. But I remember those crabby kid days. I guess I'm an idealist too and imagine how great something can be. It can really get you down when it doesn't turn out that way. I hope your week got better! I hope you can write me back on facebook soon. Love, Laurie